Friday, February 01, 2008

Time travel for beginners

I dont know about you, but I am fascinated with Quantum Physics, Time Travel, Time in general and the big question: WHY ARE WE HERE?

I don't begin to pretend that I understand any of it, but wish I did. All I know is that I can't see any reason how time travel would be possible. But apparently it may well be.

I found this particularly interesting page regarding Time Travel, it caught my eye by its title... for beginners... LOL I am still confused, but an interesting read none the less!

Time travel for beginners: "THE INTRIGUING notion that time might run backwards when the Universe collapses has run into difficulties. Raymond Laflamme, of the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, has carried out a new calculation which suggests that the Universe cannot start out uniform, go through a cycle of expansion and collapse, and end up in a uniform state. It could start out disordered, expand, and then collapse back into disorder. But, since the COBE data show that our Universe was born in a smooth and uniform state, this symmetric possibility cannot be applied to the real Universe."

READ MORE...

No comments:

Post a Comment